Cajun Oven ‘Fried’ Chicken Wings
By: Noureen Habib
I love chicken wings – anyone who knows me, knows just how much, so I thought it’d be best to learn how to make them myself without the deep-frying or breading. The trick to getting them just as good and crispy is baking them on a wire rack. That way, the fat renders evenly and consistently making them just as tasty as fried wings.
A sauce is optional; however we found we didn’t need a sauce because they turned out so moist inside and crispy on the outside!
- 2lbs of chicken wings (skin on)
- 4 Tablespoons of my HOMEMADE CAJUN SPICE (click the link for the recipe)
- Marinate the chicken wings with 3 tablespoons of the Cajun spice, leave overnight
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Line a baking tray with foil and place the wire rack on top, spread out the wings on the rack in a single layer
- Bake wings until they are cooked through and crispy, about 40-45 minutes
- Serve immediately!